What to wear to a Forest School Session
In order to protect your child by keeping them comfortable, warm, dry and as scratch-free as possible, we ask you to provide the following clothing:
- Sturdy trainers, walking boots, snow shoes or Wellingtons.
- Long trousers at all times
- Long sleeves at all times
- Water proof jackets and trousers to be brought to each session
- Adequate layering to suit the seasons; thermals recommended for the winter months
- Gloves, hats, thermal socks and scarves for the Winter Months
- Sun hats/caps for the summer months
- A change of clothing, including extra footwear brought to each session.
- A hair bobble for longer hair
Please be mindful that there might be biting insects in the woods at certain times of the year. We therefore advise you to supply your child with insect repellent that they can apply themselves, or apply it for them just before they arrive. A consent form can be found here